This past weekend, I had the privilege to stand beside one of my best friends as she promised to love and cherish her new husband. What a blessing and honor!
The wedding weekend took place in beautiful Jacksonville, Florida. I was super excited to have the chance to explore the downtown area a little more while spending time with great friends new and old. Not to mention the promise of PF Chang's and a little St. John's Town Center shopping experience to wrap up the weekend. : )
Jennifer spent the week gallivanting along the East coast of Florida, so I picked up J in Hoboken on the way through and we met Jenn down in Jacksonville. If y'all know me in person and have ever been on a trip with me, you know that I am the queen of overpacking. Since Jenn, J, and I were sharing a hotel room, I decided to gank a luggage cart from the hotel and hide it in my room to serve as my own personal valet for the weekend. Please be aware that this is only 1/3 of the clothes that were hanging in the backseat of Pearl. : )
We started out the night by walking to dinner. TGI Friday's was right outside of our hotel. We made a quick trip to Target to pick out "neutral pink" Essie polish, and then we chilled at the hotel until Matt and Nicole arrived.
Once we freshened up, we left to meet the bridal party at Whiskey River. We got to catch up with some of the girls we'd come to love at the Bachelorette party, and we were finally able to meet Chip's sister, Allison, and Lindsay. Most importantly, the 4 Seasons were reunited!!!
We grew tired quickly, so Matt, Nicole, Jennifer, Jeremy, and I went back to the hotel for some more catching up, laughing, and snoring on my part!
Friday morning was the Bridal luncheon at Chip's Aunt Reina's house. It. Was. Beautiful. Just look:
We had some amazing food and the best peach tea I've ever tasted all while celebrating my dear friend Bridgett. She surprised us with a few more wedding gifts, and we surprised her with a book of photos and quotes from all of her "girls." The last part of the morning was spent in prayer over Chip, Bridgett, and their marriage. I don't think I could possibly describe the sweet, sweet spirit in the room that day. All I do know is Jesus was all over that place, and there was not a dry eye in the room.
After lunch, we headed to the nail salon to have some quality girl time! It took us FOREVER to pick out the perfect shades of neutral pink, but we did it! Believe me when I tell you those massage chairs were the craziest, best chairs I've ever sat in. : )
We barely had time to make it back to the hotel to freshen up for the Rehearsal and Dinner. I think I got ready in record time: less than 10 minutes! The rehearsal dinner was at Friday Musicale near the waterfront. It was such a cool place.
The Seasons
Nicole and me
Alli and me
Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful! It was a breezy day, and the weather could not have been more perfect. We had a leisurely morning... breakfast at the hotel, girl time while another Bridgett fixed our hair, and a particularly uneventful drive to the church. (It's amazing how much less stressful driving is without the boys and the GPS.) We all piled up in one of the upstairs parlor. It quickly turned into a place of worship, a lunch gathering spot, and a makeshift beauty parlor.
Laura Kate, Nicole, and me...
Bridgett getting more beautiful!
Our beautiful Spring Season ready to become a Mrs.
Nicole, Mindy, and Jennifer
Nicole and me...
We took pictures and lined up for the big moment... and cried and prayed some more. Before long, Bridgett Lauren Payne became Bridgett Payne Stroud! After the ceremony, we took more pictures and then loaded up on the bus to head to the reception...
Jennifer and Nicole
Lindsay, Alli, and Melissa
Dan and me
The whole crew.... well, most of them!
The reception was The Garden Club of Jacksonville. It's located right on the water downtown, and it was gorgeous! They introduced the bridal party, we made our grand entrance, and then it was time for the first dances - Bridgett and Chip, Bridgett and her Daddy, and Chip and his Mama. So sweet. Then we ate. Then we DANCED. LIKE. CRAZY. So much fun.
First dance as Mr. and Mrs.
My favorite of the night: Bridgett's VState Cheer Days relived with Dante and Ben.
Jennifer and me
Somehow I got lucky enough to be escorted into the reception with not one but TWO groomsmen... here's Ben and me. So thankful his wife let me borrow him for a while!
Another one of Chip's "boys" - Jimmy and me
The 4 Seasons!
It was an absolutely beautiful weekend that I won't soon forget! So thankful that I had the opportunity to be there for Bridgett in such a neat way on her wedding day. I loved visiting old friends and making new ones. We've all already decided they need to have a vow renewal next year so we will have an excuse to hang out again! : )
Blessings and much happiness for years to come to Bridgett and Chip Stroud! I love you guys!a
.jpg)




.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Say something sweet! : )