Age has never really bothered me. I have never been one of those people who freak out over age, getting older, gray hair, etc. I've always thought growing older was awesome. It means you've got scars and war stories and that you've grown and changed and learned. I've always told people that 30 wasn't a big deal. That I'm looking forward to it. Totally a lie... or at least a half-truth. All because of
I pretty much FREAKED out this year when I started finding multiple
I've never been a very goal-oreinted person. (This does NOT translate as lazy, uneducated, etc. I'm actually quite awesome.) I'm just so free-spirited... it's just not my nature. I remembered seeing a "30 before 30" list on a blog I follow, so I did what comes naturally to all members of the 21st century. I googled it. Holy cow. There are like ninety million bloggers out there who've done this list. I don't know where it started first, but I'm jumping on the proverbial bandwagon. It will be a glorious mixture of serious, funny, ridiculous, and probably crazy. My hopes are for it to become a living list. That is, I'll add to it, scratch things off, refer to if often, sleep with it between my pillows at night, etc. Sooooo... check back for updates. And help keep me accountable!
30 Before 30
- Update my blog regularly.
(Nicole, I know you'll be glad.) I'm not going to box myself in by defining regularly, but it's definitely not updating once per year. Haha. I want a better record of my life. What I've done. Who I've met. How I've grown. Places I've visited. Holy Spirit teachings and revelations. Life. I want a record of my life. - Find and purchase the perfect Coach purse!
I am my sister's sister. ; ) - Lose 10% of my body weight.
An approachable, reachable goal. I'm going to join the gym. Start Couch to 5K again. It's gonna be sweaty. And good. And I'm gonna be HOT... literally and physically! ; ) - Run a 5K.
Ok, so most likely this will be jog... not run. But you know. I'm thinking The Color Run. And eventually the Disney Princess Half (Ok, I know a Half is waaaay more than a 5K... but it will be awesome!). : ) I'll get to "play" with my favorites - awesome color and frilly, princess-y stuff - while I sweat profusely and watch my heart literally beat out of my chest as my lungs collapse! : ) - Make a budget, stick to it, and SAVE.
It's about to get all Dave-Ramsey up in here! : ) - Complete one project a month!
These projects can range from Pinterest-inspired to home improvement to crafting to redecorating to trying a new recipe! - Get my passport. Finally.
Travel, here I come! : ) - Start a travel fund and actively add to it!
If I'm gonna travel, I realllly need to start a travel fund. - Learn to sew.
The awesome sewing machine I got for Christmas is still sitting in the box! Make cute stuff... for me... for babies... for friends... for my classroom. - Read the entire Bible.
I'm thinking I want to do it cover-to-cover AND chronologically. - Organize my computer.
iTunes library. Computer files. Out of control. Needs help. : ) Transfer everything to my MacBook. Back up all files on external hard drive. - Read 10 classic novels from Modern Library's list.
I really do need to be more well-read. - Print and frame some photographs for my house.
I've been putting this off for forever it seems! - Play in the kitchen!!!
Goals: Learn to make bread. Perfect the recipe for two more cakes. I'm thinking Italian Creme, Caramel, or Blueberry. I also want to perfect my own yellow cake base. - Try yoga!
(This is for you, Lori!) - Complete Random Acts of Kindness.
My goal is to do at least one a month. : ) - Go on a weekend trip and explore... by myself!
Thoughts: Charlotte, Seattle. Maybe even Charleston again?!? - Learn to drive a stick-shift.
Anyone want to volunteer to teach me? ; ) - Take a cake decorating class.
Wilton method, maybe? - Buy a bicycle!
This will also require riding the bike... which will help with numbers 3 and 4. - Learn to play the piano or the guitar.
Time to quit talking about this and just do it. - Grow an herb garden.
Container? Window sill? - Learn some form of lettering.
Calligraphy? - Create and order two photo books.
Must start documenting my life a little better! I'm so not a scrapbooker, so I'm going to make photo books. - Write more frequently.
Not just blogging. For me. Maybe guest-blog? Have something published? Memoir? - Make a serious, concerted effort to drink less Diet Coke.
I'm killing my body. - Become a morning person.
Jesus, help. : ) - Make my college t-shirt quilt.
So this really translates into "find someone who makes these and haul your shirts there." - Become a member of the Hogwart's Society.
Ok, not really. I just want to read (finally) all the Harry Potter books and watch the movies. I need to quit living under a rock. - Go on a writing retreat for a weekend.
I'm thinking this means unplug from technology, too. Accept maybe my MacBook. But no internet/phone. Would be AWESOME.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say something sweet! : )