It's official! I'm back! In the real world... with internet! Haha!
Over the past week and a half, I've been cleaning a filthy apartment (because
apparently filthy is the new move-in-ready), moving, unpacking, cleaning
some more, and attempting to get settled into my new little space.
Thank you Lord for an apartment that's a 1/2 a mile from school!
Perfection.
This week I have had the intense desire to update my Facebook status like every 7.8 seconds. And it has me thinking. And my wheels are turning. And here's what I've come up with.
If you know me in real life, you know I'm a social person. I. Love. People. I really, honestly LOVE being around people - all kinds of people. College kids. Old people. Young people. Kids. Married couples. Babies. Teenagers. Don't get me wrong - I love time at home by myself like anyone. But I really love social interaction. I think there is so much to learn from others. It's not even about talking to people. It's about being with people. Learning. Laughing. Growing.
I come home at night after a long day and I have NO ONE to interact with. No one to talk about the minutia of every day life. No one to listen to me bubble over with excitement about how well show choir or one act rehearsals went. No one to tell me to suck it up when I'm wining about my bad day. No one to listen to me ramble on and on about whatever I'm thinking about. So, I do the only thing I know to do. Update my Facebook status. And I'm having to make myself stop. Because I know that some people could really care less about my social status updates.
But I care. And while it's really not at all about a Facebook status, it is all about CONNECTING. I've realized that this intense desire to "connect" comes from the deepest desire of my heart - to know and be known. I'm still working this through in my head and heart, but I know that at the deepest part of this lies another realization: I'm still not relying on my Heavenly Father to fill this earthly void I have.
So, here's to learning and growing and relying more on Him to fill my every need as I walk this new stage of my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say something sweet! : )