6.29.2012

Lately...

This week has been a rather crazy week for me.  The sister and brother-in-law left for Destin this past Sunday, and I volunteered to house-sit for them.  Only house-sitting is not just house-sitting at their house... it's also Millie Cat sitting.  You know, no biggie... I'm only allergic to cats and all.  (No chances of this girl ever becoming the "crazy old cat lady."  Hallelujah!)  

I was scheduled for jury duty Monday, so I needed to be in Baxley anyway.  (In case you don't know what's up, I currently live in the small town of Douglas... about 45 minutes away from my hometown, the even smaller Baxley. I'm in the process of moving back to Baxley this summer because I'll be teaching there next year!)  So... since I didn't know how long I'd be on jury duty, I thought it best to hold down the fort at my sister's house.  

So... problem #1 - Mandy took their laptop and MiFi thingajig with them.  So, I had no internet access at her house.  Which posed two more problems:  #1 - no blogging, and #2 - no convenient access to my grad school work.  No biggie.  I found solutions for grad school.   I pretty much lugged my laptop and alllllllll of my school stuff (and my journal and Bible and Bible study stuff just in case I got a chance to blog) to my Mama and Daddy's every day.  Thank the Lord for their wireless internet!

Sitting around my Mama and Daddy's table this week, there was a LOT of discussion about where I should live, the furniture I should or shouldn't buy, budgeting, school, etc... Lots of high stress.  

One of my biggest headaches right now is trying to find somewhere to live.  I've thought about buying, I've thought about renting.  I have recently come to the conclusion (after touring 6 or 7 homes in my budget) that I finally have a good reason for "needing" a husband... DUAL INCOME.  Haha!  All the homes I've found in my budget have been decent... but they're going to require several updates (although mostly cosmetic) that I just can't afford if I'm stretching myself to make a house payment.  So, I've decided that for budgeting sake, it just makes sense that God would send me a husband.  Hahaha!  In the meantime of making this decision, I've decided that it's in my best interest to rent an apartment for now.  I know I'm in a hurry this summer to move, and I don't want to make a mistake because I'm in a hurry.  I am going to wait for the perfect house to come along!

Speaking of stress... furniture buying.  Ok, maybe not really.... but yes.    I need you to picture me pouting and whining.  This definitely came out of my mouth this week: "If I can't have the husband and children I want, I should at LEAST be able to have the pretty sofa and chair I want!!!"  Hahahahaha!  I can't believe I just admitted that to the free world.   A little background... my sweet, money-saving Daddy-knows-best Daddy doesn't think I should buy nice furniture for an apartment.  Ha!  Best yet, he thinks I should just prance my happy behind into a Goodwill and snap up the first couch I find.  Does he seriously not know me well enough by now to know that I am way too high  maintenance for all that?  I just can't imagine living on someone else's couch.  Maybe that's strange or weird or snobby for me to say, but I just can't even consider it.  Buy a good base and reupholster?  Maybe.  Buy a used couch from someone I know and slipcover?  Sure.  But my heart wants to buy furniture.  Good furniture.  Because my apartment is going to be a home, and my home deserves the best I can give it.  (More on that later!)

So, crazy week... Millie survived me, and I survived her.  I had good time with friends, church family, and my "real" family.  (More on that later, too!)  I'm back in Douglas tonight, and I am SO excited to be sleeping in my own bed for the first time in a week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something sweet! : )