1.26.2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte... oh how I love thee!

I'm sitting at Starbucks in Brunswick sipping a piping hot Pumpkin Spice Latte while I wait on my sweet mama to get out of class.  Can I just tell you how much I love a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte... or Frappuccino for that matter?  Well, let me just tell you - it's a whole lot.  Yes, I know it's Pumpkin Spice.  And I know that almost always connotates Fall or Thanksgiving.  This indeed is one of their Fall specialty drinks.  However, they serve it until the individual store runs out of the syrup they ordered.  So... it's really luck of the draw come mid-winter.  Every time I walk into a Starbucks in those dreaded winter months where the procurement of said libation hangs in suspense, I have butterflies in the pit of my stomach.  I approach the counter with trepidation and I ask the barista quietly, full of hope, "Do you still have Pumpkin Spice???"  I can literally feel my heart pounding all the way to my toes!  Each time he or she says "We sure do!" I have to resist the urge to jump up and down and squeal like a little girl!  And what a depressing day it will be when the fate-holding barista responds in the negative rather than the affirmative.  I know I'll go into full-fledged mourning as my dreams of a beautifully spiced latte are crushed.  Thankfully I get to sit back and sip away today...

Dear Starbucks,

Please consider serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Frappuccinos year round.  It would make this Southern girl so very happy.  While I'm sure you know that I adore White Chocolate Mochas during the non-Fall-and-Winter months, I just can't express how much I would love to sip the simple spicy goodness of Pumpkin Spice all the lovely year long.

Love,

Me.

1 comment:

Say something sweet! : )